Low in calories, naturally free of fat and cholesterol, more potassium than four bananas, and super hydrating — these are just a few of the many benefits ascribed to coconut water. Do NOT confuse it with high-fat coconut milk or oil, that comes from the grated meat of a mature coconut, though… 😅 That’s another healthy story I can share with you some other day. 😁🌴💙
Coconut water is a clear liquid in the fruit’s center that is tapped from young, green coconuts.
Naturally refreshing, coconut water has a sweet and nutty taste. It contains easily digested carbohydrates in the form of sugar and electrolytes. I LOVE to use it as a base in my smoothies, that’s why I’m giving it this massive shout out today.
Cheers to coconut water everybody! 🙌🏼🌴💙
- 1 scoop banana milkshake protein powder
- 2 dl natural coconut water
- 200 g frozen banana
- Some blue spirulina powder – without that fishy taste.
- A few drops peppermint aroma
- Top it up with chocolate crisp and coconut flakes.